Clinics & Services
To support and improve access to appropriate medical services our reception team have successfully completed Care Navigation Training. Care Navigation is designed to ensure patients get to see the most appropriate member of our team or are directed to services that will help meet the needs required. Our reception team is here to help you and will be able to support you in making appointments, directing you to support and services where needed - simply ask.
Please help us, help you!
For support on who you should see for different aliments please see the tab - 'Who do I need to see?' for guidance.
Our practice nurses provide a range of nursing services including appointments for:
- Blood tests – requested by GPs at the surgery only
- Asthma and spirometry monitoring
- Chronic disease reviews (diabetes, asthma, hypertension, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, hypothyroid etc. monitoring)
- Heart disease prevention and ECG monitoring
- Travel advice and routine injections – please allow at least six weeks for travel vaccinations. (Lyn Tarn and Elizabeth Buckland only)
- Baby and child immunisations (Lyn Tarn only)
- Cervical smears
- Sexual Health advice and contraceptive injections
- Suture removal for NHS operations only.
- Dietary advice
- NHS Health Checks (Kathryn Darvell and Elizabeth Buckland only)
- Hypertension monitoring - including 24 hour BP monitoring
- Learning Disability Reviews (Lyn Tarn and Elizabeth Buckland only)
- Serious Mental Illness Physical Health Checks
- Minor Illness (Lyn Tarn only)
Adult Community Health Care Team
This is a team of district nurses who provide skilled nursing care for patients in their own homes. They care for those who are not well enough to come to the surgery and for whom it is more appropriate to be nursed in their own home. They specialise in many types of nursing including wound healing, palliative care, heart failure, respiratory disease. The team is provided by Buckinghamshire NHS Healthcare Trust not the surgery.
Health Visitors are trained to give health advice, particularly for small children, the elderly and disabled. The practice Health Visitor holds clinics on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month in the Health Visitor office above Chequers Lane Surgery.
The midwife holds a weekly clinic at the Surgery on Tuesday afternoons and all doctors will see antenatal patients during surgery times following the midwife’s request. Please allow 20 minute appointments for these reviews.
Child Immunisation Clinic
These clinics cover from birth to school age and are carried out by practice nurse Lyn Tarn and Elizabeth Buckland, by appointment. Should you have any concerns regarding immunisations the medical team will be happy to discuss any issues.
Dr Mallard-Smith is trained in fitting both copper and Mirena IUCD devices. Advice can be given on all forms of contraception. Please contact the surgery for an appointment, to discuss any issues you may have with contraception.
There is a private chiropodist who works out of the surgery and details of how to make an appointment are available at reception.
For information on sexual health services available out with the surgery please visit - www.sexualhealthbucks.nhs.uk / https://www.tht.org.uk/sexual-health/Young-people/Young-and-Free